Saturday, December 11, 2010

Quince and Mom Go to Tea


As of December 1, the kids have been out of school. For months, we've known that Alexander would do a 1/2 day computer class for the first week of the break, but really didn't have anything in particular lined up for Quince. A couple of weeks ago, I had been to a very sweet cafe for tea, Patisserie, and immediately thought Quince would love it. So, I decided a special Mommy-Quince outing for tea was in order to kick off the summer holiday.


We spent Monday and Tuesday morning shopping for a special tea outing outfit. And then Wednesday morning we went to Patisserie for tea and scones. Quince and I talked about what she missed about America (friends and our house) and what she liked about being in South Africa. Her answer was more Mommy time -- what a good reminder for me to relax about not working much and just to enjoy the luxury of time with my kids.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had been there--Maybe you can fit in a rerun when Aunt Q is there, although I don't think she had room in her suitcases for clothes. Love to all of you. And, Quince: I love your "outfit"! Are you doing any knitting?

    And what a beautiful Hannakah (sp) experience

    ReplyDelete