Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Alexander's Grade 5 Teacher


We love that Dougie Van der Westhuizen (whose name I still cannot pronounce with the proper Afrikaan's accent.) And he loved Alexander. Thought he was a very bright (true enough) well mannered (really???) boy. Couldn't have asked for someone better for Alexander for his intro to school in South Africa. Dougie (as fortunately we parents were allowed to call him) loved these boys and their antics, and clearly loved teaching. Alexander called him Sir -as in "Sir told us today that if we were good he would take us to the movies."

This week, Sir is running a week-long 1/2 day computer camp for the boys - which starts at 7:30 and ends at 11:30 every day. Alexander told me today that it really ends at 11, but I've been picking him up at 11:30 and I think I'll keep that up. Really - what kind of camp starts at 7:30 during the summer holidays and then ends at 11:00 - what help is that to parents! I paid good money for this camp, and I might even pick him up at noon tomorrow so I get my money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment