Thursday, December 9, 2010

Milestone


1) The other day in the car, Alexander said to me, "We're going after the 2020 Olympics." Curious as to whom he meant by "we", I asked him. Response: South Africa!

2) Recently, I noticed that Alexander wouldn't wear his Red Sox baseball cap. At first he said it didn't really fit him anymore, but then confessed that he actually wanted one with a South African team logo. (not to worry though, he still follows all American sports and was just estatic this morning when he learned of some player that the Red Sox had acquired.)

3) In another car trip, Alexander said something about someone "having to go to hospital," -- notice the lack of "the" before hospital. This annoyed Quince, who was in a very bad mood to begin with, and she complained, "do you have to speak African when there are no Africans around??" Alexander calmly replied that is was good to speak like people here do in order to get used to it. (to give the full story on Quince - she is constantly correcting me when I say napkin instead of serviette.)

And to think, he was the child whose adjustment I was most worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment