Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Kinda Weather

We arrived 16 August. 16 August until 27 September - every day, sunny and gorgeous. Mid 70's to low 80's. No rain, no clouds. If this weren't the normal pattern, I'd be a little freaked out by thoughts of drought and scarce water. But since it is expected, I've been enjoying every day. I think my much improved mood confirms that I must suffer from a touch of whatever that lack of sunlight mood-crashing disorder is.

Despite the lack of rain, flowers are bursting out all over. Roses, and bougainvillea, and birds of paradise and bottle brushes and a zillion I don't know the names of. We have a jasmine-like bush right outside our kitchen window in a little courtyard that made our kitchen smell fantastic. When the breeze kicked up we'd get the little blossoms all over our kitchen.

Yesterday and today have broken the pattern and been overcast and chilly - everyone told us we'd have another "cold snap" before summer really comes on. The rains should come soon and that will really green things up and dampen down the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment